- The students are required to complete successfully a minimum of 41 credits that include four mathematics core subjects (12 credits), three elective subject (9 credits) and Dissertation I & II (20 credits).
- 1st semester will see the students learning in the edge of knowledge in engineering mathematics/statistics. They are equipped with the strong fundamental knowledge in the area with guidance from experienced lecturer.
- At the same time, students are encouraged to find out their interested research and start writing their research proposal. (Students may start their research on this semester).
- 2nd semester two elective subjects will be offered to strengthen the students in application of knowledge of engineering mathematics.
- Students will totally concentrate on their research on 3rd semester.
Duration of Study
Full Time : 1-2 years
Part Time : 2-3 years
- Methods of Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Modelling and Simulation
- Numerical Computation
- Reliability Engineering
- MSc Disertation I & II.
Students may choose electives subjects according to their intended area specializations from the following groups in any combinations according to their own preferences :
- Dynamical Systems
- Mathematical Modelling for Control System
- Partial Differential Equations
- Finite Difference Methods for Partial Differential Equation
- Computer Aided Geometric Design (CAGD) for Surface Modelling.
- Engineering Non-Parametric Statistics
- Design of Experiment
- Taguchi Method
- Engineering Forecasting
- Multicharacteristics Quality Control.
A typical distribution of subjects taken during a three semester course for a full-time students is as follows :
Core Subject 1
Core Subject 2
Elective Subject 1
Elective Subject 2
Core Subject 3
Core Subject 4
Elective Subject 3